Aether Song

Our time is not in the grey falling rain nor in the boundless blue-green sea. Our time is in the river that lies between them, flowing smooth and quiet over the sand or angry and roiling over the unyielding stones. Joining and dividing. Choosing our own way for good or ill.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Sunday, August 06, 2006

A jewel of hours

The Emerald King
Silent and stone-faced
Stood high and proud in azure
His lofty head unbowed
Crowned in white fire
Of chill cirrus plumes

If I could hold a day to remember, to savor and salt away against darker times I would hold this day. The air was clear and cool, an invitation to deep breathing. The wind was a chill and welcome caress on sweat-slick skin. The water, serene and deep, the perfect ending.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I know a comment from me doesn't count, but I'm happy for you.

3:15 PM  
Blogger St. Casserole said...

Beautiful. I wonder what the world looks like way up where you are. I wonder what the clouds, foliage and quality of light looks like. I didn't realize how different light is until I went to England. Those English landscape painting aren't made up. The sky looks like the paintings.

5:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home